These are exactly the outfits that most rich women wear to not only look expensive but to be so.
Let’s dive right in.
Table of Contents
52 Rich Outfits: Look Expensive Without Breaking the Bank
1. Button-Down Shirt + Pullover Over Shoulders
2. Tweed Jacket + Black Tights
3. Rich Aesthetic Outfits: Tennis Skirt + Polo Shirt
4. Wool Coat + Knee-High Boots
5. Rich Aesthetic Outfits: Cream Jeans + Basic Top
6. Tweed Jumpsuit + Pink Coat
7. Knitted Turtleneck Pullover + White Suit Pants
8. Jeans + Blouse
9. Black Blazer + Knee-High Boots
10. Tweed Dress + Black Tights
11. Blazer + Skirt
12. Knitted Top + Black Mini Skirt
13. Oversized Knitted Sweater
14. Oversized Sweater + Silk Dress
15. Black Shorts + White Knitted Sweater
16. Tennis Skirt + Sweater Vest
17. Tulle Dress
18. Oversized Button-Down Shirt
19. Knitted Suit
20. White Poplin Dress
21. Pastel Yellow Dress
22. Jogging Suit
23. Tennis Skirt + Button Down Shirt
24. Pink Plaid Tweed Blazer + White Dress
25. White Shorts + White Knee-High Boots
26. Tweed Dress Suit
27. Cropped Blazer + Black Shorts
29. Knitted Dress
30. Knitted Button-Down Sweater-Dress
31. Blouse + Leather Skirt
32. Silk Dress
33. Black Tennis Skirt + Button-Down Top
34. Plaid Dress
35. Rich Aesthetic Outfits: White Dress + Sweater Vest
36. Oversized Black Blazer + Knitted Sweater over Shoulders
37. Silk Dress
39. Oversized Black Blazer + Black Tennis Skirt
40. Black Mini Dress
41. Knitted Top + Black Skirt + Mary Jane Pumps
42. Knitted Top + Cream Jeans
43. Plaid Sweater + Black Shorts
44. Pastel Yellow Dress + White Gloves
45. Black Midi Dress
46. Black Dress + White Button-Down Shirt Underneath
47. Black Tennis Skirt + Knitted Pullover
49. White Tweed Suit
50. Faux Fur Cream Top + Straight Leg Creme Jeans
51. Cropped Oversized Blazer + Yellow Denim Skirt
52. Black Mini Dress + Hat
What is “Rich-Looking”?
Of course, we all know that this is very stereotypical and fraught with many prejudices. But still, most of us are constantly striving to look even more professional and confident to attract the right people, career opportunities, and life circumstances we desire.
We can look rich in a variety of ways – and in this case, it also strongly depends on the occasion, the environment, and the setting in which we want to make an impression.
As a rule, it’s not so much WHAT we wear that matters, but HOW we wear it. In short: Our charisma is more important than our outfit.
So when it comes to our charisma and its effect on others, you are always best prepared if you think about the occasion and the people there beforehand. Only in the next step is it about us: what we want to wear and what we want to bring with us.
Reasons To Look Expensive:
1. You Look Professional
Have you ever seen someone professional in sweatpants?
No? Neither have I.
Why? Because it’s just not professional.
No matter where you go, who you meet – at work or not – it’s always nice not to look like everyone.
Setting yourself apart from everyone else with a charismatic, powerful, and professional appearance will not only get you ahead at work but will also bring you valuable contacts.
2. You Attract the People Who Suit You
When you’re working on yourself, developing yourself, and becoming the best version of yourself, it’s important to surround yourself with the right people.
You know yourself: You’re the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.
When you dress more expensively, you symbolize that you’re working on yourself and that you care about yourself.
Not many people do that.
But the people who do the same will notice you. And maybe you’ll make a good connection or two?
3. You’re Treated with More Respect
People who take care of themselves radiate a good dose of self-confidence.
That means they’re able to set very clear boundaries.
So to be with you, you need to be treated with respect.
You communicate all this through a well-groomed, valuable-looking appearance.
4. You Show Your Counterpart That You Respect Them
But not only are you respected, but you show your counterpart that you respect them just as much.
Because the only person who has to look at you all the time is not you. It’s your counterpart.
A well-groomed appearance is a sign of respect. You’re showing the other person that they can feel comfortable around you.
5. You Feel Comfortable as Well
Believe me, if you start looking more expensive, you will not only attract more people who match you, but it will also make you feel more comfortable.
Be overdressed rather than underdressed.
What is The Rich Girl Aesthetic?
BUT it’s important to note that there are also many nouveau riche people who also belong to the rich girl aesthetic. However, in contrast to the old money women, they are neither heavy heirs, nor aristocrats. They have mostly earned their money themselves and therefore have a completely different fashion style.
This is because while so-called “old money” refers exclusively to inherited wealth generated not by families from the working or middle classes, but by families from the upper classes or aristocracy.
And while this refers to wealth that has lasted several generations, the opposite is true for “new money”: Here, “new money” refers to wealth acquired by or in the first generation.
Examples of new money are many prominent CEOs of companies, musicians, entrepreneurs, famous athletes and social media influencers.
Their style isn’t characterized by timeless, elegant looks, but mainly by designer brands with flashy logos to show that you have money. So this is more about recognition than enjoying creating outfits and matching looks.
Do Wealthy People Buy Luxury Brands at all?
That’s a challenging question, which we can only answer very stereotypically again.
It’s clear that wealthier people, in particular, also buy from more expensive brands. But just because a person wears a designer brand, it doesn’t mean they are affluent. There are far too many good tricks for faking wealth these days.
But I can say from experience: the really wealthy people hardly ever wear clothes where you can immediately recognize the brand. In most rich circles of acquaintances, it is simply indecent, if not inappropriate, to wear clothes with a thick inscription or an all-over print with a designer logo.
They are much more likely to go for genuine quality in the form of proper material, cut, and durability. But in the end, most of them don’t care about the brand – it’s just that quality often comes at a price, and that’s why wealthy people tend to spend more on their clothes.
Of course, there are also just as many people who wear these “flashy” clothes who have money, but usually, these are then rather nouveau riche than really rich.
What Clothes Make You Look Rich?
Now that we know WHERE to shop to look rich, we need to know WHAT to buy there in the first place.
Here are 10 timeless pieces that are unbeatably expensive-looking:
1. Tweed Jackets
Tweed Jackets are the best and most loyal friends we can find in the outerwear world due to their thick, high-quality fabric. They’re also perfect for the increasingly warm transitional season leading up to summer, as they look just as classic buttoned up as they do casually thrown on.
Because one thing is for sure: as the trademark of the renowned and globally popular luxury brand Chanel, it’s hard to imagine a catwalk, Parisian alleyway, or Instagram feed without the tweed jacket.
How can a Woman Look Rich? – 7 Simple Tips
- Cashmere is your best friend
- Wear more navy blue than black
- Invest in a glamorous little black dress (and don’t just wear it to funerals)
- Let your everyday jewelry be a big statement
- Carry a clutch purse that’s smaller than you think you need
- For evening, definitely go sparkly and sheer, but keep it classy and elegant, not racy or low-cut.
- Stick with classic, timeless cuts instead of trendy ones