Fashion enthusiasts hold dearly in their hearts the discontinued bags by Louis Vuitton. Their timeless aesthetics and undeniable charm remain etched forever in the fashion sphere. This article will explore 40 of the most cherished discontinued Louis Vuitton bags, examining their unique features and the factors that spiked their high demand.
From the much-loved Eva Clutch*, available in all three of the brand’s legendary prints, to the classic Delightful GM* that defined an era of luxury, these bags carry their own fascinating stories. Despite their discontinuation, they continue to resonate with fashion lovers as emblematic pieces that represent the unmatched craftsmanship and style of Louis Vuitton.
Louis Vuitton Discontinued Bags You’ll Love
With many discontinued Louis Vuitton bags having a timeless appeal, it’s no surprise that they are still in high demand.
Here’s a look at the most iconic Louis Vuitton discontinued styles that continue to capture the hearts of fashion enthusiasts.
Louis Vuitton discontinued bags list: Celebrities’ Favorite
Some discontinued Louis Vuitton designs have been trendy among celebrities, further cementing their status as iconic fashion items. Here are a few examples:
- The LV Odeon* was a versatile everyday bag in a classic LV Monogram and three sizes (PM, MM, and GM). Its long leather shoulder strap could be worn on the shoulder or as a crossbody.
- Discontinued Neverfull bag* adorned with golden hardware, D-ring, and golden brass details, made it a popular vintage-inspired choice.
- The Tivoli*, Mazarine*, and Retiro* bags were equally sought-after best-sellers, considered worthy investment pieces in addition to their high-end fashion appeal.
While the demand for these and other discontinued Louis Vuitton bags might have made them difficult to obtain, they continue to be desired by fashion enthusiasts and collectors alike. No wonder stylish wearers can’t help but wonder: which of these iconic designs will make a comeback someday?
What were the most popular limited editions from Louis Vuitton?
Louis Vuitton has introduced numerous limited editions of their classic and iconic handbags. These limited editions often feature unique designs, collaborations, and materials, making them highly sought-after collector’s items. Some of the most popular limited editions include:
1. Louis Vuitton x Stephen Sprouse* Orange Sunset Monogram Vernis Roses Alma GM: This stunning limited edition features the popular Alma GM silhouette in Monogram Vernis, embossed with elegant rose motifs. The collaboration with artist Stephen Sprouse adds a splash of orange sunset hues to the bag.
2. Louis Vuitton Stephen Sprouse Graffiti Neverfull MM: The Graffiti collection by Stephen Sprouse was first introduced in 2001 and became an instant hit. The 2008 Graffiti Neverfull MM is a tribute to the late artist, featuring the iconic Neverfull silhouette covered in vibrant and eye-catching graffiti designs.
3. Limited editions from the Marc Jacobs era: During his tenure as creative director, Marc Jacobs introduced several successful limited edition bags, such as the LV Neverfull and the LV Pochette Metis. These designs often featured bold patterns, unique embroidery, or innovative materials.
4. Louis Vuitton Speedy Limited Editions*: The iconic Speedy bag has seen numerous limited editions over the years, ranging from collaborations with artists such as Yayoi Kusama and Takashi Murakami to the introduction of graphical designs and exotic materials.
These limited editions not only showcase the creativity and craftsmanship of Louis Vuitton but also provide collectors with the opportunity to own a piece of fashion history. Which iconic little edition bag would you love to add to your collection?
What Louis Vuitton items are discontinued?
Several Louis Vuitton items, including the Odeon, Bumbag, Delightful Tote, Tivoli, Mazarine, and Retiro bags, have been discontinued.
Why are some Louis Vuitton bags discontinued?
Louis Vuitton discontinues some bags to create demand for more expensive, all-leather bags and to maintain its luxury status. Additionally, some bags may be suspended due to declining popularity or to preserve the style and create a limited amount.
Is the Louis Vuitton Speedy discontinued?
The Louis Vuitton Speedy bag was, in fact, discontinued in 2012.
Is Louis Vuitton vernis discontinued?
The line is not going away. However, some designs within the line, such as the embossed monogram except the Alma BB, may have been discontinued. The Louis Vuitton Alma BB Monogram Vernis Leather is still available on the company’s official website and in stores.
Is LV Trevi discontinued?
Yes, the Louis Vuitton Trevi PM bag is no longer available.
Is Louis Vuitton Neverfull discontinued?
The Louis Vuitton Neverfull is not discontinued; however, it is now available only through a waitlist, making it more exclusive.
What are the most popular discontinued Louis Vuitton bags?
Popular discontinued Louis Vuitton bags include the Pochette Accessoires, the Multicolore Speedy, and the Monogram Vernis line, which have a strong following among collectors.
Is the Louis Vuitton Victoire discontinued?
Yes, the Louis Vuitton Victoire has been discontinued, as indicated by its absence from the official website and discussion among fans and collectors.
Disclosure: We only recommend products we would use ourselves and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
If you liked this blog article about the topic: Louis Vuitton Discontinued Bags, don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest so you don’t miss any more fashion and beauty news.