These are exactly the outfits that most rich women wear to not only look expensive but to be so.
Let’s dive right in.
Table of Contents
What is “Rich-Looking”?
Of course, we all know that this is very stereotypical and fraught with many prejudices. But still, most of us are constantly striving to look even more professional and confident to attract the right people, career opportunities, and life circumstances we desire.
We can look rich in a variety of ways – and in this case, it also strongly depends on the occasion, the environment, and the setting in which we want to make an impression.
As a rule, it’s not so much WHAT we wear that matters, but HOW we wear it. In short: Our charisma is more important than our outfit.
So when it comes to our charisma and its effect on others, you are always best prepared if you think about the occasion and the people there beforehand. Only in the next step is it about us: what we want to wear and what we want to bring with us.
What is The Rich Girl Aesthetic?
BUT it’s important to note that there are also many nouveau riche people who also belong to the rich girl aesthetic. However, in contrast to the old money women, they are neither heavy heirs, nor aristocrats. They have mostly earned their money themselves and therefore have a completely different fashion style.
This is because while so-called “old money” refers exclusively to inherited wealth generated not by families from the working or middle classes, but by families from the upper classes or aristocracy.
And while this refers to wealth that has lasted several generations, the opposite is true for “new money”: Here, “new money” refers to wealth acquired by or in the first generation.
Examples of new money are many prominent CEOs of companies, musicians, entrepreneurs, famous athletes and social media influencers.
Their style isn’t characterized by timeless, elegant looks, but mainly by designer brands with flashy logos to show that you have money. So this is more about recognition than enjoying creating outfits and matching looks.
Do Wealthy People Buy Luxury Brands at all?
That’s a challenging question, which we can only answer very stereotypically again.
It’s clear that wealthier people, in particular, also buy from more expensive brands. But just because a person wears a designer brand, it doesn’t mean they are affluent. There are far too many good tricks for faking wealth these days.
But I can say from experience: the really wealthy people hardly ever wear clothes where you can immediately recognize the brand. In most rich circles of acquaintances, it is simply indecent, if not inappropriate, to wear clothes with a thick inscription or an all-over print with a designer logo.
They are much more likely to go for genuine quality in the form of proper material, cut, and durability. But in the end, most of them don’t care about the brand – it’s just that quality often comes at a price, and that’s why wealthy people tend to spend more on their clothes.
Of course, there are also just as many people who wear these “flashy” clothes who have money, but usually, these are then rather nouveau riche than really rich.
52 Rich Looking Outfits: Look Expensive Without Breaking the Bank
1. Button-Down Shirt + Pullover Over Shoulders
2. Tweed Jacket + Black Tights
3. Rich Aesthetic Outfits: Tennis Skirt + Polo Shirt
4. Wool Coat + Knee-High Boots
5. Rich Aesthetic Outfits: Cream Jeans + Basic Top
6. Tweed Jumpsuit + Pink Coat
7. Knitted Turtleneck Pullover + White Suit Pants
8. Jeans + Blouse
9. Black Blazer + Knee-High Boots
10. Tweed Dress + Black Tights
11. Blazer + Skirt
12. Knitted Top + Black Mini Skirt
13. Oversized Knitted Sweater
14. Oversized Sweater + Silk Dress
15. Black Shorts + White Knitted Sweater
16. Tennis Skirt + Sweater Vest
17. Tulle Dress
18. Oversized Button-Down Shirt
19. Knitted Suit
20. White Poplin Dress
21. Pastel Yellow Dress
22. Jogging Suit
23. Tennis Skirt + Button Down Shirt
24. Pink Plaid Tweed Blazer + White Dress
25. White Shorts + White Knee-High Boots
26. Tweed Dress Suit
27. Cropped Blazer + Black Shorts
29. Knitted Dress
30. Knitted Button-Down Sweater-Dress
31. Blouse + Leather Skirt
32. Silk Dress
33. Black Tennis Skirt + Button-Down Top
34. Plaid Dress
35. Rich Aesthetic Outfits: White Dress + Sweater Vest
36. Oversized Black Blazer + Knitted Sweater over Shoulders
37. Silk Dress
39. Oversized Black Blazer + Black Tennis Skirt
40. Black Mini Dress
41. Knitted Top + Black Skirt + Mary Jane Pumps
42. Knitted Top + Cream Jeans
43. Plaid Sweater + Black Shorts
44. Pastel Yellow Dress + White Gloves
45. Black Midi Dress
46. Black Dress + White Button-Down Shirt Underneath
47. Black Tennis Skirt + Knitted Pullover
49. White Tweed Suit
50. Faux Fur Cream Top + Straight Leg Creme Jeans
51. Cropped Oversized Blazer + Yellow Denim Skirt
52. Black Mini Dress + Hat
20+ Brands That Make You Look Rich
We’ve split our list into two here because we think there’s something for everyone.
The important thing is that the affordable brands aren’t worse than the designer brands, but just very good for their price. In our selection, we looked at categories like quality, durability and selection, seasonality, manufacturing and production, and working conditions.
10 Affordable Brands That Make You Look Rich:
10 Designer Brands That Make You Look Rich:
What Clothes Make You Look Rich?
Now that we know WHERE to shop to look rich, we need to know WHAT to buy there in the first place.
Here are 10 timeless pieces that are unbeatably expensive-looking:
1. Tweed Jackets
Tweed Jackets are the best and most loyal friends we can find in the outerwear world due to their thick, high-quality fabric. They’re also perfect for the increasingly warm transitional season leading up to summer, as they look just as classic buttoned up as they do casually thrown on.
Because one thing is for sure: as the trademark of the renowned and globally popular luxury brand Chanel, it’s hard to imagine a catwalk, Parisian alleyway, or Instagram feed without the tweed jacket.
2. Tailored Blazers
A fitted blazer not only sets off your feminine curves, but it’s also, above all, an easy-to-combine companion for every day.
2. Elegant Dresses
Do we need to say much more about it? I think not.
After Pretty Woman, we all know that fitted dresses made of a high-quality fabric like cotton, linen, or silk are the epitome of expensive-looking.
There’s something special about hats that can make any look that much more luxurious in no time.
And yes, everyone has a hat face! Don’t tell yourself you don’t look good in hats. That’s not true!
5. Knit/Cashmere Sweaters
6. Riding Boots
7. Tennis Skirts
Who plays tennis if not the rich and famous? So go for a sportier look with a classically chic and timeless tennis skirt!
8. Button Down Blouses
How to Look Rich? – 7 Simple Tips
- Cashmere is your best friend
- Wear more navy blue than black
- Invest in a glamorous little black dress (and don’t just wear it to funerals)
- Let your everyday jewelry be a big statement
- Carry a clutch purse that’s smaller than you think you need
- For evening, definitely go sparkly and sheer, but keep it classy and elegant, not racy or low-cut.
- Stick with classic, timeless cuts instead of trendy ones
What Colors Make You Look Rich?
20 Unmistakable Signs of a Rich Girl
Finding out whether a girl is rich or wealthy isn’t so easy these days.
Because nowadays you can not only buy a driver’s license or a high school diploma and fake it, but also the status of being “rich”.
In truth, it’s often the other way around: the really rich are usually less conspicuous and also often very restrained, relying on timeless, minimalist pieces.
Those who are forced to look rich often tend to want to show very obviously what they have:
This can be through (fake) watches or other designer pieces that very obviously show the brand’s logo.
Nevertheless, there are less obvious signs that tell you that a woman is wealthy.
- Well-groomed hands
- Manicure and pedicure (not too long nails, well-groomed!)
- Natural make-up or none at all (NO full-face make-up!!)
- Shiny, voluminous hair
- Fresh scent (not too heavy perfume!)
- Never without a little souvenir when she’s invited
- Better overdressed than underdressed
- Decent jewelry (she never overdoes it!)
- The colors of the outfit match her complexion & hair color
- Well-groomed (no bad breath, no smell of sweat!)
- A valuable watch
- She takes care of her figure (healthy diet, sports!)
- She doesn’t drink (much) alcohol
- Natural tan (no solarium or self-tanner!)
- She’s friendly & smiles a lot
What Does Jewelry Say about a Woman and Can it Make her Look Rich?
Wearing a piece of jewelry is a way to express our character. Research shows that self-confidence increases when a person wears a piece of jewelry. It is only natural that self-esteem increases because the main purpose of an accessory is to emphasize one’s beauty and attractiveness.
Women in particular love jewelry as it is a symbol of femininity and even social status. Jewelry makes us feel beautiful and confident and can also enhance our glamour from within.
So, if the jewelry is used properly and not overdone with it, it definitely has the potential to make us look rich. A phenomenon that we know especially from our grandparents or aunts. Jewelry in a healthy, minimalist framework can make us shine from the inside as well as from the outside and therefore enhances our look by quite a bit.
Does Jewelry Make You More Attractive?
Not only the well-known handbag as a woman’s status symbol makes her look more attractive and personal, but also her choice of jewelry she wears has a great effect on how she is perceived.
A bracelet, for example, can complete the outfit of a stylish, elegant woman all by itself.
This is because several surveys and studies have proven that many men appreciate a woman with a bracelet that makes her even more attractive in his eyes. Often bracelets and other hand jewelry make the hand look more seductive and slender.
Even a ring or a plain chain has something seductive, magically attractive to a man.
So if you implement the jewelry tips from this blog article, you are sure to look a lot more attractive to others.
*Disclosure for the articl about the best 52 Rich Looking Outfits: We only recommend products we would use ourselves and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.