Summer Airport Outfits: Ah yes, airports are such a world of their own. Not only do the most diverse cultures and lifestyles meet here, but also the most diverse occasions why people have come to the airport. Some want to pick up their children from their school trip, others fly for the long-awaited summer vacation, and others wait for their long-distance boyfriend. It’s all here.
And that’s precisely what makes the airport a controversial place where everything and nothing counts.
Today, we’re solving once and for all the riddle of what you should wear and what is inappropriate to wear at the airport this summer.
Is There a Dress Code for Airports?
First of all, let’s clarify in the first place whether there is a dress code at airports or not – and no, there is no direct dress code here.
BUT, an airport is not a nightclub! Passengers were often not allowed on the plane because they were dressed too revealing or vulgarly. Shirts with inappropriate inscriptions or pictures or a too-revealing outfit should be avoided if you do not want to cause any problems.
Also, it never hurts to show the stewardesses, the pilot, and the rest of the board staff the necessary respect and think twice before choosing your outfit. In any case, this will not be noticed negatively, and maybe you will manage to leave a positive impression. After all, you never know who you will meet. 😉
Can I Wear Leggings On a Plane?
Of course, you can wear your beloved leggings at the airport and on the plane.
BUT ATTENTION! On the plane, you should refrain from wearing comfortable leggings. A travel and flight expert advises against wearing leggings on a plane for health and safety reasons.
Due to the mixture of synthetic fibers, leggings are particularly flammable and catch fire quickly. So if the unusual happens, wearing leggings can cause them to fuse with the skin and cause serious burns.
The flight expert recommends linen, cotton, silk, or cashmere clothing instead.
What Should You Not Wear at the Airport?
So, as I said, you should avoid these clothes:
- Permissive Clothing
- Inappropriate Inscriptions or Designs
Also, you should never wear this at the airport:
- Shoes That Are Difficult to Take Off (These Shoes will hold you up at airport security. Choose slip-on shoes to avoid this hassle.)
- Flip Flops or High Heels
- Perfume (Many passengers complain of headaches, asthma, and allergies when others spray themselves with their favorite scent. Save the perfume for your destination (or better leave it at home to avoid leakage.)
- Jewelry (Jewelry must be removed at security, so why risk losing or breaking it? Pack special pieces in a travel jewelry box and adorn yourself when you arrive at your destination.)
The 30 Most Stunning Summer Airport Outfits
1. Tone on Tone
3. Jeans + Oversized Black Blazer
4. Cycling Shorts
5. Leather Pants
6. Comfortable Dress
7. Light Version Jeans + Blazer
9. Sweatpants + Top
10. Jeans + Basic Top
11. Leather Blazer + Cream Jeans
12. Trench Coat
13. Knit Pants + Blazer
14. Comfy Sweater + Sweatpants
15. Trench Coat + Blue Jeans
*Disclosure: We only recommend products we would use ourselves and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.